I Confess!!!! I’m a SHOPOHOLIC friends. I can’t help it! I love to shop. However, I’m running out of space. As you may or may not already know we recently moved and our new master closet is half the size of our previous closet.
That being said I have to really prioritize the pieces that I bring in to our home for my personal wardrobe. That’s why I’ve turned to Stitch Fix to change my closet for the better.
See friend last week, I started to really ponder the pieces that I have as a I went through a thorough cleanse of my closet. I donated about 8 large black trash bag of clothing to the local Goodwill. I know ridiculous right?!?
But what I realized was that the pieces that I really love are mostly from Stitch Fix and/or high quality products that are multi-functional(from Trunk Club-more to come on that soon).
That being said, I started thinking about it and I’ve never really shared my Stitch Fix love with you. It’s a pretty easy to use company that I love. You go online and create an account. Part of your account creation is a style profile that is customized by you for your fit and style preference.
Don’t worry, it’s easy! They help you along the way by asking you simple question to guide you. Then you set up the date you want your Fix(five pieces of clothing and/or accessories that are delivered straight to your home).
Straight to your door personalized fashion boxes are amazing. If you have little kids, work, a far commute or maybe you just don’t like shopping then this is for you as you don’t have to leave your home to try things on. You can try it all on at home while your toddler naps, screams, runs, pulls on your leg or plays i-pad.
You have three days to try on and think about the pieces. You then keep (buy) the ones you love and mail back the ones you don’t(with the included bag for free return shipping).
The styling fee is $20, but it is an applicable credit to anything you purchase as long as you purchase at least one item from your fix. If you purchase all 5 items that they send you you will receive a discount off the total amount due(usually about 20% off).
You set your own price range in you style profile and can receive a fix(box of goodies) as often as you like(on a schedule like monthly or on demand just when you want one).
In addition to loving trying on Stitch Fix at home(as I have 4 children and dressing rooms have become impossible for me) I love the items that they send me. I prefer casual and comfortable pieces and that is definitely what I get. The pieces usually fit rather well as they are selected for me specifically off of my size preference.
You can customize you fix even more by sending your stylist a note before your fix. Example: I have a friends wedding coming up I can let my stylist know that I need a spring appropriate dress! Or I really would love some distressed jeans. Your stylist will try to accommodate. The pieces also come with a style card giving you ideas on how to use/wear them.
I love my Stitch Fix boxes. There is just something about coming home to a surprise box of clothes personally selected just for me. It’s pretty awesome. I’ll be sharing my most recent fixes with you from now on so keep an eye out for new posts!
If you interested in trying out Stitch Fix for yourself feel free to use my referral link Here! The referral code will give you a $20 credit towards your styling fee. This will allow you to try out the service and if there is nothing you love then return the products for free with no cost to you. Please note that using my referral code will also give me a personal credit towards my own Stitch Fix at no cost to you. I truly love this service and most of my favorite pieces in my current closet are from Stitch Fix!
Hope this helps you save time and find your own closet Bliss by changing your closet for the better forever!
Oh, how I love Easter my sweet friend! Candy and bright pastels all over town! Yes, please!?! But what about when it comes to your kids? How much candy do you really want in their Easter basket? I personally try to keep the candy to minimal. Here’s 10 ideas to fill your kids Easter baskets that aren’t candy!
Easter Basket Ideas:
- Eco dough- this is my favorite version of a kids play dough. Check it out here! It smells amazing as it has mild essential oil scents. It also last a long time as you can add a little olive oil when it starts to dry out to bring it back to life. It has a great texture and an easy to close container! My kids love it! If you’re looking for a cheaper option the traditional play dough is always a great choice too and there are tons of choices. Check out this sparkle playdough here!
- Melissa and Doug- Play dough tools! Yes, you have to have something to go with that play dough! You need to cut it, carve it, roll it and squish it! This kit is a must in our home! My kids love it and it has really lasted well!
- Water color paints. Like these Crayola water color paints! All of my kids love to paint. Theses are super cheap and always a hit. Plus these are washable!(very important) Also, I can keep their art work for home decor that is personalized for us.
- Suspend- Melissa and Doug This game is great for groups and what better day to get together then Easter! Easy for all ages and quick clean up. Click here to check it out
- Kites- Yes, kites!!! Theses are a great cheaper basket fillers that are a wonderful go to for the perfect windy spring day. Check out this ice cream cone kite here!
- Books- my kids especially love Pete the cat, so Pete the cat Easter version will definitely be in my boys Easter baskets. They are a pretty quick and silly read. Perfect for silly boys at bedtime! Get Pete the Cat here!
- Rain boots- Splish, Splash……..Yes! You definitely need boots for Easter and April showers! They are a must for my kiddos! Check out these Croc rainboots!
- Umbrellas- ☔ I don’t know why, but kids are fascinated with umbrellas. The magistic fun of it is beyond my mommy powers lol. This shark one is adorable for boys! Or this kitty one for girls!
- Bubbles- Yes a super bubble blower is fun for all ages. Hours of entertainment. Like this one. Bubble Blower- Click here:) Or even the traditional hand held bubble blowers are tons of fun and there are some super cute options. These Melissa Doug ones are perfect Easter basket size- Click here
- Side Walk Chalk- It’s a spring must have. Crayola sidewalk chalk is my favorite. It doesn’t stain clothes or the sidewalk so no super scrubbing to get it off later. Also the colors are super bright and the chalk consistency is awesome. And this glitter one!!! Yes, please! Click here- Crayola sidewalk chalk
These are my Easter basket favorites this season. Hopefully, this helps you find some Easter goodies for your Easter baskets that are not candy for your munchkins! Have any other Easter basket favorites we’d love to hear about them!
XOXO- Karen Renee
P.S BONUS, there are matching rain coats for the umbrellas here….. OMG! Check them out!!! Girls kitty raincoat here!
Boys shark raincoat here!
Yep……That’s right I’m a City girl true and true, but I’ve always wondered what it would be like to pack up and move somewhere else. Somewhere different, like those movies with the small home town vibe and all the little frame trucks everywhere. I guess I just always wondered what it would be like to raise our kids in that kind of an environment. You know where everyone knows everyone!?!
My husband and I have been married for over 15 years and I’ve always said from the beginning that someday we would have a house with a big wrap around porch and two rockers on it. One for me and one for him! Of course, we all have had those white picket fence dreams. Right!?!
I couldn’t shake it though. As our marriage moved through time we had more children(4 munchkins total) and out grew our current home that was on the edge of town. We began pondering the idea of moving. My husband was initially against the thought as he hates changes. Like truly hates it lol! But he humored me. We looked at houses on and off for over 3 years! That’s right 3 years of house hunting. We couldn’t find anything that was the right fit for our family. We looked at new homes, old homes, property no property it was never ending. Frustrated and overwhelmed we were at a loss.
We had about given up, but I was still obsessed with Zillow. I stopped looking at everything though and made a very specific list of exactly what we wanted in a home. My list looked something like this:
2 and half + bath
at least 1/2 an acre
large laundry room
3 car garage
under X amount of $- yes, even with my huge list, remember we are a family of 6 I had a tight budget especially for CA.
I then took our list and searched Zillow high and low. I really pushed out of our realm of ideal living zones and looked everywhere with in about 75 miles of where we currently lived. I found a few more options, but still didn’t find the one! If you have ever been house hunting you know what I mean by the one! Lol!
Then Easter came….. yes, ? Easter! We went to a family members house for Easter and they lived in the foothills. As horrible as it sounds I was so jealous of the serenity of their little piece of paradise. I mean I was happy for them just sad that I couldn’t find that for us. On our way home my husband and I both were kinda in awe of their place in the hills and we discussed how awesome it must be to live there. We decided then that we only live once and we wanted to live somewhere that was like being on vacation every day.
As some of you know I’m a nurse which allows me to work 12 hour shifts allowing me to be off and kind of a stay at home mom the other half of the year. That being said I wanted to really enjoy those stay at home moments with our kids in our own piece of paradise that half of the year that I am home. I thought the mountains, what a dreamy way to live! Snow days, lake days, sunrises and sunsets…..!
We really pondered this new thought of living in the mountains. Do people really live there? Like real life? Or is all retired people? Like how do they do it? Do you commute? What does mountain life really look like? (Don’t worry we will share all that info with you too eventually)
We decided to reach out to our realtor and set up and entire day of looking at houses that fit our criteria in this dreamy little mountain community. We took our youngest son who was 4 at the time. I wanted to see how he liked and reacted to the area. Of course he loved it! ( rocks and dirt, what little boy wouldn’t!?!)
As we went from house to house we grew more and more in love with the tiny mountain community around us! The last house that we looked at for the day was it! We had finally found the one! It meet all of our wish list and then some.
Unfortunately, as soon as we went to put in a offer the house had been pulled from the market. Little did we know it was still destined to be our future home, but we were so disappointed. What it did show us is how much we really wanted our future home. Long story short, after months of back and fourth we finally were able to sell our previous home and purchase our dream home in the mountains!
And that’s how it happened….. This city girl is now a Mountain Mom. Now, all that’s left to do is remodel the entire house! Remember, I said dream home not move in ready! So here’s to our adventures of remodeling. We can’t wait to share our journey with all of you as we work our new house into a home.
Check back soon for our House to Home updates!
Our new home!
XOXO- Karen Renee ?
Hello lovlies! I was out and about running errands recently and thought of you. Far to often when I’m out and about especially with all four of our children I find myself a little overwhelmed with all the chaos. That’s why I wanted to share a few tips on finding your Mommy zen on the go.
While wandering my way through Target recently, I saw a lady with one of those double decker grocery carts and I thought Oh my!!! I wish I could have snapped you all a pic cause I know there’s days we’ve all been that mom. She had a baby strapped to her chest(in an ergo baby carrier) and two toddlers, one in the top of the cart and one in the bottom basket of the cart. Even with all of that rolling down the isle, I found myself in awe of the tone of her voice with her kids. This Momma rocked. I’m sure she was feeling a little overwhelmed, but she seemed happy as could be with her hands full and it made me think of the few super quick things I do to keep my self in that Mommy zen.
Over the years I’ve noticed there’s a few things I can do really quickly to redirect my self back to not having a mommy meltdown. So here they are friend in no particular special order!
1- I grab one of my eight million chapsticks and refresh my lips. There’s something about smooth, happy, not dry lips that makes me feel instantly refreshed. My personal fav is Blistex Silk and Shine, but any chapstick, lipgloss, lip balm ect will do the trick!
2- I grab a Mommy drink! No, not alcohol lol! I grab a bottle of water, tea or a latte. We get so busy we forget about ourselves when we are running around. I know you packed 2 sippy cups, a back up pacifier and three snack for your toddler to keep them quite and happy on the trip, but what about you? You need something too right?!?
3- I grab some yummy smelling lotion or hand sanitizer and rub it in. The yummy smell like vanilla cupcake or rose petals instantly soothes me. I can even take a few seconds to rub my hands of forearms before moving on.
The great part about these tricks is they literally take seconds and the few seconds that they take instantly help me to feel slightly better and ready to go. Also, kids can join in too. This keeps them busy for a few second while you get a few seconds. I hope these silly quick tips help you keep your Mommy Zen while on the go.
What super quick tips help you when your out and about with the kiddos? I’d love to hear them!
Leave me a comment sweet friend!
You know those days? After a long week of work and/or kids and you just feel drained. It can feel like you’ve aged at least a decade! LOL! Or at least I can feel that way. It seems to me that with four kids and working full time I can feel and look a lot older then I am very quickly!
To keep me looking younger, I use these simple quick tips to look younger in less then ten minutes. Please note I am not a trained Makeup or Beauty consultant, but these tips work great for me.
1). Whiten your teeth. Use of an at home whitening kit can really take off a few years in just a few minutes! All the coffee and harsh foods that we consume really take a toll on our teeth and our age appearance. Whiten up and take some years back! I love Crest 3D White Strips- (I put them on and jump in the shower quickly while they work there magic! Post shower I’m clean and my teeth are white:))
2) Put on Under eye Concealer. Having a quick and easy morning make up routine is a must for me in the morning. My go to concealer is Mac Prolonger wear (16 hours of coverage). Long lasting is key for me as I work 12 hour shifts as an RN and don’t have time for touch ups. Make it easy on yourself and stop my a MAC (my favorite) or any make up store and ask for help. They can find you the perfect color in seconds. I had been going too light and No had no idea until checking with the MAC staff. Totally worth the 2 minute conversation to have the perfect color!
3) Make your eyebrow make up lighter. Darker, harsh eyebrows can really add some years to your face. Try adding a lighter shade with your brows and lines that are a little more forgiving. MAC helped me find the perfect color for this too. I have really light ash natural hair so the right color is key for my eyebrows to not look crazy. If your not sure on how to apply, they will show you that as well.
4) Add some shine to your hair. There are multiple ways to add shine to your locks. From shine treatments to shine spray, I’ve tried them all. My favorite is just a great shampoo and conditioner. My hair was looking really blah after our fourth baby so I switched to Paul Mitchell shampoo and conditioner Super Strengthening (from Target- as I wanted it to be easy to grab at the store). After one wash my hair felt completely different and after a few weeks friends were commenting on my shine! I also love It’s a 10 leave in conditioner. I use it everyday. Switch it up and find a shampoo and conditioner that benefits your hair instead of just washing it. Shiny healthy hair can definitely take off some years.
5) Lighten up your hair color. It’s amazing how hair color can change someone’s look entirely. Just adding a few highlights or a lighter shade all together can really take off some years. I recently had gone red and just going back to my usually blonde made a huge difference.
6) Add some Lip Color. Yes, Lipstick! This always makes me feel younger! A little pop of color can really do the trick, but try to stay away from super dark colors. If your like me, usually lipstick is not a daily thing for you. Try a great lip-gloss, chapstick or colored chapstick they can do the trick too.
So remember TO LOOK YOUNGER QUICKLY try the following; whiten your teeth, add under eye concealer, lighten your eyebrow makeup, make your hair shiny, lighten your hair color and add some lipstick. Hope these tips help you look and feel great.
If you have any good tips PLEASE share them with us in the comments.