I Confess!!!! I’m a SHOPOHOLIC friends. I can’t help it! I love to shop. However, I’m running out of space. As you may or may not already know we recently moved and our new master closet is half the size of our previous closet.
That being said I have to really prioritize the pieces that I bring in to our home for my personal wardrobe. That’s why I’ve turned to Stitch Fix to change my closet for the better.
See friend last week, I started to really ponder the pieces that I have as a I went through a thorough cleanse of my closet. I donated about 8 large black trash bag of clothing to the local Goodwill. I know ridiculous right?!?
But what I realized was that the pieces that I really love are mostly from Stitch Fix and/or high quality products that are multi-functional(from Trunk Club-more to come on that soon).
That being said, I started thinking about it and I’ve never really shared my Stitch Fix love with you. It’s a pretty easy to use company that I love. You go online and create an account. Part of your account creation is a style profile that is customized by you for your fit and style preference.
Don’t worry, it’s easy! They help you along the way by asking you simple question to guide you. Then you set up the date you want your Fix(five pieces of clothing and/or accessories that are delivered straight to your home).
Straight to your door personalized fashion boxes are amazing. If you have little kids, work, a far commute or maybe you just don’t like shopping then this is for you as you don’t have to leave your home to try things on. You can try it all on at home while your toddler naps, screams, runs, pulls on your leg or plays i-pad.
You have three days to try on and think about the pieces. You then keep (buy) the ones you love and mail back the ones you don’t(with the included bag for free return shipping).
The styling fee is $20, but it is an applicable credit to anything you purchase as long as you purchase at least one item from your fix. If you purchase all 5 items that they send you you will receive a discount off the total amount due(usually about 20% off).
You set your own price range in you style profile and can receive a fix(box of goodies) as often as you like(on a schedule like monthly or on demand just when you want one).
In addition to loving trying on Stitch Fix at home(as I have 4 children and dressing rooms have become impossible for me) I love the items that they send me. I prefer casual and comfortable pieces and that is definitely what I get. The pieces usually fit rather well as they are selected for me specifically off of my size preference.
You can customize you fix even more by sending your stylist a note before your fix. Example: I have a friends wedding coming up I can let my stylist know that I need a spring appropriate dress! Or I really would love some distressed jeans. Your stylist will try to accommodate. The pieces also come with a style card giving you ideas on how to use/wear them.
I love my Stitch Fix boxes. There is just something about coming home to a surprise box of clothes personally selected just for me. It’s pretty awesome. I’ll be sharing my most recent fixes with you from now on so keep an eye out for new posts!
If you interested in trying out Stitch Fix for yourself feel free to use my referral link Here! The referral code will give you a $20 credit towards your styling fee. This will allow you to try out the service and if there is nothing you love then return the products for free with no cost to you. Please note that using my referral code will also give me a personal credit towards my own Stitch Fix at no cost to you. I truly love this service and most of my favorite pieces in my current closet are from Stitch Fix!
Hope this helps you save time and find your own closet Bliss by changing your closet for the better forever!
Sweater Target (half off yesterday on clearance for 14.99),
Tank Top Target,
Jeans Rock and Republic Kohl’s,
Boots Steve Madden Amazon,
Gold Necklace and Bracelet Maurice’s.
Love these two looks! So chic! Check out the original posts for OUTFIT DETAILS Here and Here!
Have a wonderful Thursday!
Black and White Flannel Target,
Gray Tank Top Target,
Black Skinny Jeans Target,
Necklace and bracelet Branches Boutique.
You know those days? After a long week of work and/or kids and you just feel drained. It can feel like you’ve aged at least a decade! LOL! Or at least I can feel that way. It seems to me that with four kids and working full time I can feel and look a lot older then I am very quickly!
To keep me looking younger, I use these simple quick tips to look younger in less then ten minutes. Please note I am not a trained Makeup or Beauty consultant, but these tips work great for me.
1). Whiten your teeth. Use of an at home whitening kit can really take off a few years in just a few minutes! All the coffee and harsh foods that we consume really take a toll on our teeth and our age appearance. Whiten up and take some years back! I love Crest 3D White Strips- (I put them on and jump in the shower quickly while they work there magic! Post shower I’m clean and my teeth are white:))
2) Put on Under eye Concealer. Having a quick and easy morning make up routine is a must for me in the morning. My go to concealer is Mac Prolonger wear (16 hours of coverage). Long lasting is key for me as I work 12 hour shifts as an RN and don’t have time for touch ups. Make it easy on yourself and stop my a MAC (my favorite) or any make up store and ask for help. They can find you the perfect color in seconds. I had been going too light and No had no idea until checking with the MAC staff. Totally worth the 2 minute conversation to have the perfect color!
3) Make your eyebrow make up lighter. Darker, harsh eyebrows can really add some years to your face. Try adding a lighter shade with your brows and lines that are a little more forgiving. MAC helped me find the perfect color for this too. I have really light ash natural hair so the right color is key for my eyebrows to not look crazy. If your not sure on how to apply, they will show you that as well.
4) Add some shine to your hair. There are multiple ways to add shine to your locks. From shine treatments to shine spray, I’ve tried them all. My favorite is just a great shampoo and conditioner. My hair was looking really blah after our fourth baby so I switched to Paul Mitchell shampoo and conditioner Super Strengthening (from Target- as I wanted it to be easy to grab at the store). After one wash my hair felt completely different and after a few weeks friends were commenting on my shine! I also love It’s a 10 leave in conditioner. I use it everyday. Switch it up and find a shampoo and conditioner that benefits your hair instead of just washing it. Shiny healthy hair can definitely take off some years.
5) Lighten up your hair color. It’s amazing how hair color can change someone’s look entirely. Just adding a few highlights or a lighter shade all together can really take off some years. I recently had gone red and just going back to my usually blonde made a huge difference.
6) Add some Lip Color. Yes, Lipstick! This always makes me feel younger! A little pop of color can really do the trick, but try to stay away from super dark colors. If your like me, usually lipstick is not a daily thing for you. Try a great lip-gloss, chapstick or colored chapstick they can do the trick too.
So remember TO LOOK YOUNGER QUICKLY try the following; whiten your teeth, add under eye concealer, lighten your eyebrow makeup, make your hair shiny, lighten your hair color and add some lipstick. Hope these tips help you look and feel great.
If you have any good tips PLEASE share them with us in the comments.